Confession 142: Let’s Play Catch Up (+ Super Cute Video of Jake)
Because it’s been forever let’s play catch up shall we? Here is what’s been going on down in Haiti at the Kittrell house and Emmaus House since December (sorry) when I last posted.
- We took our first family vacation for Christmas. The beach was amazing as was the air conditioned room, but our family tore up the all you can eat buffet!
- We welcomed Rosemond and Jackson to Emmaus House. Rosemond grew up at the CHCH and Jackson is the nephew of Gerome, our Haitian administrator. Both boys are very happy and are doing very well in our program.
- We sent Andy off to Port au Prince for professional school. It was super hard letting him go. I mean, just look at his smile. How could you say, “Goodbye” to that? Still, he is happy and doing well and we are just so proud.
- Jake started walking, meaning I no longer sit.
- Our adoption dossier was submitted to IBESR (Social Services). This, my friends, has been five years in the making. We have no idea how long the process will take from here, but we are confident God will see us through.
- Emmaus House welcomed three new board members all from the same state. Arkansas to be exact. They are all awesome and we know that Emmaus House is going to be extremely blessed to have them a part of the team.
- Hunter started a NEW professional photography website (aka I made one for him because I am just that awesome) and you should totally check it out…and then tell him how amazing his wife is!
- My dearest friend from high school and her husband came to visit last month. It was such a great week- relaxing on the beach, late night chats on my roof starring at the stars, and sharing meals around the table with friends.
- Hunter and I celebrated 5 years in Haiti. CRAZY! So we got dressed up and went on a date, like a real one without children.
- All the meanwhile Hunter grew a beard these past few months. (As you can see in the pictures above). It was, um, rather large towards the end. Like, food was getting lost in it and you could no longer see his upper lip. But he was committed and I tried to be a good wife about it. When he/we decided it was time to shave it off he first spent a few days looking like this. Needless to say, I didn’t take him out in public.So there you have it. That is what we have been up to. Consider yourself caught up on all things Kittrell! (It’s just what you always wanted, I know.) But seriously, I am officially re-entering the world of blogging after a few months hiatus. So stay tuned because I have a feeling this year is going to be a good one…