Confession #120: Welcome 2015- Praises & Prayers
Multiple visits from family members?
I haven’t blogged in a while, have barely even checked Facebook. Time, well, I can’t seem to find a whole lot of it these days.
Time and sleep. WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?
For all of you who have ever doubted, sleep deprivation is a real thing. And yes, you can actually function daily (although not well) on < 3 hours of sleep.
Despite how busy and exhausted I am, the New Year is going to hit me whether I have energy for it or not. Reflecting back on 2014 and looking forward to 2015 I thought it would be appropriate to share my top praises for this year and my prayers for the next.
– God provided our monthly needs for our family and Emmaus House. No matter how tight our budget was, He never let us down. He always provided. Sometimes at the very last minute, but always.
– Nalandson and Dalencia successfully transitioned into Cowman International School. They are enjoying the 1st grade and have made a lot of much needed friends.
– Merly successfully transitioned from the CHCH to Emmaus House.
– The tremendous growth of our teens at Emmaus House. They are all maturing into beautiful young adults and we are so grateful to be a part of their lives here in Haiti.
– We hosted four groups at Emmaus House who helped with Emmaus Works, professional trainings, devotionals, community service projects, and building relationships with our young adults and staff.
– Our family came to visit us for both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Living oversees, especially with two kids who cannot yet travel, time with family does not happen often and every moment is priceless and precious.
– God blessed us with a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery in Haiti, and beautiful little baby boy. Jake joined our family on November 26th and is the perfect addition to our family.
– Hunter was given several local photography jobs which provided for our personal rent and other family needs.
– We pray that God would help move things at the port so our truck can be released and that His justice will be over those who have been negligent and corrupt for the past year regarding our shipment. Please join us in prayer as we are currently trying to decide how to proceed and for our ability to be mobile as a family without transportation.
– We pray for wisdom for the board and staff of Emmaus House as we prayerfully seek God’s will for our future. Please join us in prayer that God will provide us with direction and the finances to build and become a more sustainable program.
– We pray for Djooly and Merly as they plan to graduate this year. Both have the potential and desire to attend college. Merly wants to attend a school in Port-au-Prince to become a Physical Therapist and Djooly wants to attend school in the states. With many interests in mind, his major is not yet decided. Please join us in prayer as they take exams this year, begin applying for schools and scholarships, and seek sponsors to assist with their education.
– We pray for our adoption. Hunter turns 30 in October meaning we will finally be eligible to begin the adoption process for Nalandson and Dalencia. It will be a long and expensive process once we begin, but we are more than anxious to get started. Please join us in prayer as we begin looking for agencies to assist us.
– We pray for blessings over Hunter’s photography. Living on support can be difficult, especially with a growing family. Through Hunter’s photography, God has blessed us with a way to help make ends meet. Please join us in prayer that He would continue to open doors for Hunter in Haiti.
* * * * *
This year has truly been both a time of blessing and a time of challenge for our family. As always, though, God used both to bring us closer to Him.
We are excited to see what God has in store for us in 2015. From (hopefully) being able to start the adoption process to watching Djooly and Merly graduate we pray for God’s will and purpose to direct our every step.
We want to thank each and every one of you for joining us on our journey in Haiti. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives. May God bless you and keep you in 2015.
~ The Kittrells